Through personalized design, AEI’s Technology Consulting, Design, and Project Management Team enhances client communications and facility performance, from voice and data, audiovisual, and security technologies, to systems supporting Intelligent Building monitoring, metering, and management. Our technology solutions foster growth and accommodate change for technically complex facilities with a multitude of data-driven needs, providing turnkey implementation plans for full functionality from day one.
Technology systems are pervasive in modern buildings, enabling communication between systems and between people. The integration of audio and video presentation systems into a built environment requires clear understanding of user expectations and needs. Our audiovisual design staff initially work to understand each clients’ unique communication goals, then leverages the appropriate audiovisual capacities to realize them.
In specific fields, technologies have multiplied to support a productive, informed, and empowered workforce. In addition to serving the science and technology, energy and utilities, mission critical, higher education, sports and athletic centers, and federal government markets, we have developed a specialized focus in the healthcare sector. With a designated Healthcare Information Technologies Group, we provide comprehensive consulting, planning, design, and leadership to enrich modern environments created for patients and healing while enabling healthcare providers and professionals to deliver unique models of care.
Technology services include:
- Producing design drawings and specifications.
- Leading collaborative design team meetings.
- Integrating building systems and infrastructure.
- Establishing customized design standards.
- Developing construction documents with architectural and MEP engineering partners.
- Consulting and assessing current networks and infrastructure, providing recommendations to optimize operations.
- Creating cost estimating and budgeting reports.
- Managing new technology integration, systems, and staff training.
- Commissioning to ensure systems are fully functional, integrated, and operating at optimal performance.
Technology expertise includes:
- Structured cabling and infrastructure systems
- Wired and wireless networks
- Low-voltage systems, from metering and monitoring to paging and sound masking
- Electronic access control and video surveillance systems
- Nurse call and Code call systems
- Audiovisual systems, including conference, presentation, production, and distribution technologies
- Wireless reinforcement for mobile operations and emergency responders
- Campus infrastructure connectivity
- Physical facility security
- Enhanced user experience and value added IoT integration